When I look into your eyes, I can see a love restrained.
But darlin' when I hold you don't you know I feel the same?
'Cause nothing lasts forever, and we both know hearts can change.
And it's hard to hold a candle in the cold November rain.
We've been through this such a long long time, just tryin' to kill the pain.
-
We're caught in a trap.
I can't walk out, because I love you too much baby.
Why can't you see what you're doing to me,
when you don't believe a word I say?
We can’t go on together with suspicious minds,
and we can’t build our dreams on suspicious minds.
So if an old friend I know drops by to say hello,
would I still see suspicion in your eyes?
Here we go again, asking where we've been.
You can’t see these tears are real, I'm crying.
Oh let our love survive, or dry the tears from your eyes.
Let's don’t let a good thing die,
when honey, you know I'll never lie.